Summer Has Started and I'm Already Sore

POSTED ON: Monday, June 4, 2012 @ 9:21 PM | 0 comments

So, last Thursday I graduated from high school (I'm stuck between depressed and excited over that...) and since then, I have only managed to sleep in once. My graduation started at 9 AM, and we had to be there at 8, which meant leaving the house at 7, which meant getting up at 6. So I didn't get to sleep in then. Then on friday I went on a camping trip with my church (which also required waking up at 6 AM) that was such a blast.

Oh, here's my diploma :D


Nifty huh? The graduation itself was pretty interesting, but so exhausting. I'm not sure what it is about sitting around waiting for your name to call that is so tiring, but I was dead on my feet afterwards. Boyfriend was kind of concerned about how sleep I was.

So, needless to say, on the six hour drive to Benton, TN I was worn out. But in the end the ride was worth it. I mean, just look at this view!


It was absolutely breath taking. We went up in the mountains to camp (like, legit camp. In a tent, on the ground, with bugs all over us), and I spent the entire weekend praising God for creating such a beautiful place. Everything about it was gorgeous, and I'm kind of sad that my phone died before I could get a picture of the waterfall, which was amazing as well.

And the trip ended up being a success!! We went on this trip to welcome the new freshmen into our youth group, and to "initiate" those of us who hadn't gone on the trip before into the group "officially" (they make you preform some ritual they call unga bunga which I personally didn't like too much but it meant a lot to Boyfriend and the eight graders so I took part). We got to spend a lot of time with the incoming freshmen, and we talked to them about what they are going to face in high school and how to handle the pressures that come along with them. We also explained that, when you do mess up, God WILL forgive you if you come back to Him. And they all seemed really excited, if a little nervous. But marshmallows over the camp fire helped clear that up a bit :)


One thing that was bad about the trip though (besides the white water rafting totally beating me up, though I admit that was by far the best part of the trip) was it really reminded me how mush I miss wicca. I was a wiccan for a very, very long time and being so immersed in nature for the weekend reminded me of how much I loved it, and how much I miss it. I talked to Andrew about this and he suggested that I make sure I spend time in my Bible, and I think I'm going to do that. I have been kind of lazy with my quiet times lately, and that is no bueno D:

However, he did remind me that my favorite parts of wicca (holistic medicine, the study of the different languages, meditation, the morals and peaceful values, and worship rituals) aren't actually for any specific religion, and can easily be applied to Christianity, which I think I'm going to do. It was a huge part of me for a long time, and with me already being uncomfortable in the church I do think it would be better for me to take the things I was comfortable with in wicca and try to apply them to christianity, to get back a sense of normalcy. Holistic medicine, meditation, and language study are definitely some things I'm going to start working with again, and maybe once I'm stronger I'll start applying some of the worship techniques to christianity. And I've always held the values that wicca had, and I think the church should adopt some as well (putting others before self, having perfect love and perfect trust amongst each other, always pushing each other to be better as human beings, never being intolerant towards other people).

Don't get me wrong, in no way am I becoming a wiccan again, I'm just trying to combine the things that I really love in order to enable myself to worship and glorify God better. And I honestly think that this is right for me, but I'm going to pray on it and see.

Ending Prayer: God, please let me know if this is the right thing for me. Would it really be okay for me to combine these things, with the hopes of it making me stronger in my faith? I hope so, God, but I also don't want to do anything that could cause me to stumble. So I'm unsure. Please, let me know what you want. In your name. Amen.

Labels: , , ,


← Older / ♥ back up ♥
Pass the Salt, Please

"Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake." Martin Luther

Prayer Requests

Please pray for me to know what God wants in regards to my beginning to study the things I learned about while I was wiccan once more, and pray that I can use that knowledge to further glorify God.

Worried About:

Whether or not I will get that job at UPS, and if I don't how I will be able to pay for college. I really hope that I do get it, and I'm praying that I will.