So My Laptop Gave Up on Life

POSTED ON: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 @ 7:54 PM | 0 comments

Sorry for not posting any recently. My laptop decided it wanted to just give up on life, so I had to get a new one (which I love...) that my daddy built for me. It's so niiiice.

Anyway, while he was doing that I went off to church camp! It was a ton of fun, and the main focus was on David and his trials that are shown in the Bible, and how he handles them (sometimes well sometimes poorly). My favorite lesson was on relationships with parents, since my relationship with my stepmom is really strained, and it causes our family a lot of stress and pain I wish we could avoid.

Anyway, we talked about how even though David's king, and father-in-law, was trying to kill him he still respected his position an authority, to the point where he didn't kill the king when he had the chance. He had been chased to a dank cave and there is oppressor was, relieving himself, and he still didn't act. That's true respect right there.

And it should be that way, but I admit I have a hard time with it. Sometimes I just don't know what my parents want from me. If I speak I get in trouble, if I don't... I get in trouble.

So now, at church, we're having a series on parents and their children, and how to better relationships between them. And in our youth group? How to connect to your parents.

Sometimes God just hits you over the head with things, huh? Hopefully I'll be able to listen. And to convince my parents to attend the Parent Night at the end of the youth lessons. I doubt they'll want to, though, as neither of them are Christians. But I like to think that they would try, or seriously consider it, if I asked.

Well, now that that's out of my system, I'm going to watch How To Train Your Dragon and hit the hay.

Ending Prayer: Lord, I pray that I will be able to take all of this in. And that I will be able to better my relationship with my parents, because how can I hope to show them Your love when I struggle with showing them mine?  So help me gain the patience to learn from these lessons, and to better communicate with them. Thanks for everything, God. In Your name, Amen.

Labels: , ,


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
Pass the Salt, Please

"Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake." Martin Luther

Prayer Requests

Please pray for me to know what God wants in regards to my beginning to study the things I learned about while I was wiccan once more, and pray that I can use that knowledge to further glorify God.

Worried About:

Whether or not I will get that job at UPS, and if I don't how I will be able to pay for college. I really hope that I do get it, and I'm praying that I will.